Sunday 19 May 2013

Is It Sunday Already?

My doesn't time fly when you are on leave from work.

I have had a great few days relaxing and it was when I saw the new challenge pop up from Hels that I realised it was Sunday.  This week she wants us to explore VINTAGE/OLD.  I thought about putting myself on there but I don't actually have any stamping on me so I didn't qualify.  Ink yes, but stamping no.

Anyhow, as I had a new piece of equipment arrive from the USA on Friday I thought it only fair that I tried it out.  I am not over keen on die cuts but there are the odd few that 'speak' to me.  Sadly not all of the ones I like can be found in my local craft shop or even on the internet from UK suppliers so I have to resort to shopping online in the USA.  I have to say it is easier nowadays but still a little challenging especially as you have to wait a little longer for your goodies to arrive.

So the item arrived and I rushed straight to my room for a play.  I was thrilled with the results.  It is sad how much pleasure you can get from a few holes in paper.  The die in question is one from Simon Says Stamp (click HERE to see it).  I now have lots of pieces of card with rows and rows of holes in and as a bonus lots of tiny card dots which will be kept in case they are needed. 

And so to the challenge.  HERE is the link to her blog.

I thought it would be interesting to show the ingredients of this make along with the end result.  A before and after if you like.  So here is the BEFORE, all naked, fresh and new.

The Bare Essentials

After much stamping, distressing, inking, embossing, tearing and arranging THIS is what I came up with, the AFTER shot.


What a Difference an Hour Makes.


You can see the holey card, some of which I gold embossed, the flowers are made from a Tim Holtz die, the key and keyhole are also die cuts heat embossed, the page remnant is just visible behind the key, and the base tag itself was stamped with the splodge stamp from Visible Image - found HERE.  The little tag on the key was scrunched, stained and stamped then attached to the key with a jump ring.

Hope you have a great week ahead.  Your comments are always welcome.

Much craftiness Kim xxx


3 comments:

  1. What a great result Kim. I like the before and after photo idea and the altered flowers are stunning. An excellent project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, LOVE that die you got from SSS... NEED that! thanks for sharing that, I didn't know they did their own, I can see a few pennies being converted into dollars lol Fabulous tag, all those gorgeous elements... love it! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually buy from Memory Box via Dies to Die for http://www.diestodiefor.com/index.php

      I saw work using this die on Pinterest and searched high and low as I knew I NEEDED it to. If you line it up you can 'cut' big areas to create that sequin waste look. And then there is the bonus of all those tiny dots which make great faux brads when you need 'slim' work inside books etc. Thanks for your comments by the way. Kim x

      Delete