Monday 3 June 2013

Spots 'n' Dots

Another week has simply flown by.  Where did it all go?  On the plus side it does mean that it is another Sunday Stamper challenge already.

This week the challenge title is DREAMS - take a look here at the challenge and other entries.

I have recently received a wonderful die cuter from America which cuts rows and rows of tiny holes.  Simple things please this simple mind after all.  Anyway, I had been testing it out and found that I had rather a lot of examples laying around.  Quite co-incidentally I also received a spotty background stamp which goes quite well with the die.  It doesn't take much to make me happy obviously. 

When I sat at my crafting table I looked at what was lying around and decided to make a tag featuring the dots 'n' spots and came up with this little beauty.

I like the colour combination, those that read my blogs will know that I have a passion for this brown card anyway, but somehow the combination of blue, white and this particular craft card seem to go really well together.  

The card base was first stamped all over with dots in navy blue.  I then cut the size of tag I wanted, roughed up the edges and inked the edges with the same navy blue ink.  

Then it was simply a case of placing the scraps/off cuts onto the tag making sure that I could still see the base pattern.  I added a couple of my hand made flowers (again leftovers from my trials of a Tim Holtz cutting die which just happened to be in the right colour).
I finished it all off with a few buttons, ribbon, and the laser cut word DREAM.  One of the stamped images has the word DREAMS on it already but I felt the tag needed to have the laser cut on it to finish it off properly.  I love these laser cuts.  They are from an Australian company called Scrap FX and I am lucky enough to have a huge selection of their products in my stash.  I am almost reluctant to use them at times they are so nice.  They can be painted, heat embossed, inked etc but I just love them as they are, brown with a hint of darkness where the laser has burnt the edges.  I am not sure if there are any UK suppliers anymore.

And there we have it - Sunday Stamper #260 done and dusted.  I hope this week proves productive for all you lovely crafters out there and as always, I look forward to reading your comments.

Wishing you all much inspiration

Kim xx




1 comment:

  1. gorgeous tag, love the dots, so cool! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete