Friday 17 January 2014

VISIBLE IMAGE - Friday comes round quick!

Hi Followers! Well who would have believed it? It is Friday again already and it is time for another Visible Image project.

The hard part is remembering to do the blog, creating the projects is simple. No, I am not claiming to be brilliant, I am just acknowledging that given the right tools to work with how can you fail to create something wonderful? Go take a look at the Visible Image shop to see just what fantastic stamps they have and you will see what I mean.

For me, still being new to the DT, I am keen to experiment with all the stamps, in all colours and with all different products. In contrast to my project last Friday, muted rainbow tones with jet black stamping, I have gone for a more vibrant set of colours this week and added some dimension in the form of paper flowers. I say paper, they are actually parchment.



I started with a base of hand coloured water colour card. Last week I told you how I make a huge sheet of card ready for use at some time in the future. This piece was made using inks in a mister. There was a bit of discussion about what colours of ink they were which meant me hunting them out. It had been a while since I made this background and I went 'Missing in Action' for a few hours looking for them!! They are Ranger inks, known as Posh Inks for some reason. Trust me, you ain't gonna look POSH once you have managed to get the pink on your fingers 'cause it stains for days! 

Anyway, back to the task in hand, (you will have to get used to me wandering off topic I'm afraid!) I then got my Impress ink pads in roughly the same colours, and stamped the three dictionary word stamps, Imagine Dream Inspire, randomly on the card. I had no idea where I was going with this and thought I was making a background. I was so pleased with the result that I didn't have the heart to cover most of it up and I decided that what was intended to be the background pattern was going to be the main feature of the card.

I took one of the sentiments, Live the Life, for the focal point of the card. I stamped this in black to make it stand out. To balance the whole thing I decided that some flowers were needed. I stamped onto some parchment which gave a 'light' look to the flowers but also as it was parchment it meant that the colour would be visible on both sides of the petals without having to colour both sides. Frugal crafting is my middle name! I wanted to sew the panel onto the card but access to the sewing machine was rather limited as I seem to have piled up rather a lot of stuff in front of the cupboard it is stored in! So in an attempt to make it look like I stitched it to the main body of the card, I used one of those spiked wheels to make little holes all the way round the panel. If you click on the picture you should be able to get a closer look. You can swoon and admire the tiny little holes I made! A little bit of corrugated card and there we have it! 

The stamps I used. 





Don't forget to go to the Visible Image Facebook Group page to see more samples of the DT.

Check out the Visible Image blog where you will see work from the other members of the DT and why not have a go at the monthly Visible Image Challenge while you are there? You could win a fabby prize!!

Have a lovely weekend, be safe and if the weather is too bad to let you out, do what I do and CRAFT!!!!

KimB xxxx


9 comments:

  1. this is just stunning Kim - beautiful design and I love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card great colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really is beautiful Kim, i love those colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, love the design and the background looks stunning!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous love the colours.

    Moira xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim, a gorgeous card and love the flowers and the lovely colours.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kim stunning card I love the colors x

    ReplyDelete