Friday 18 April 2014

The Friday Feature with Visible Image - Chandeliers in Pink

Hello you lovely people! What an exciting week it has been.....so far! Just a very quick post today I'm afraid. I am up to my neck in bubble wrap and packing boxes. Moving is fun but chaotic. 

What I have for you today is a bit of a detour from my usual path. I have gone all pink and yellow, quite sharp, acidic colours for me, but I am really pleased with the result. What do you think?


I started with the background. I have been meaning to use the polka dots for a while and here I used them with Sunshine Yellow and Hot Magenta Gentle Blends. It is a great product for inking stamps with multiple colours especially if you want a blended look. Funny that! They are called Gentle BLENDS after all. 

I also found that they were fairly good as an embossing powder 'glue' although if you want a more perfect finish I would still say use traditional embossing ink. I used the Hot Magenta to stamp the chandeliers and the sentiment then heat embossed with clear powder before cutting out. I used the double line of stitching from the Sewing Room set as the cables for the chandeliers.

For a change I used some ready made flowers and brads to finish off the card. I had white paper flowers which I coloured with the Hot Magenta. 

   

As always I highly recommend you check out the Visible Image blog HERE where you will see more work from the Design Team. There is also the Facebook group HERE, where you can chat to all of the Team and each other about Visible Image related stuff, and don't forget the monthly challenge HERE where you get to see the DT projects which will hopefully inspire you to enter your own project with a chance of winning a fab prize. The theme this month is TAGS.

Need to go, things to pack! If you have any questions feel free to ask or just leave a comment to say what you think. I love reading your thoughts about my projects.

Have a lovely weekend, it is a loooooong weekend for most of us, just think of all that extra crafting time!

Kim 





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the colors and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card Kim xx http://guffdesignscardcreations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete