Friday 30 May 2014

FRIDAY FEATURE with VISIBLE IMAGE

Hello readers! Has it been a long week or is it just me? Seems like ages since my last Visible Image post. Must be the amount of work I have been doing! Sadly very little has been craft related. Anyone who guesses correctly as to how many boxes I have packed wins the privilege of knowing my pain!!

So, for today I have created a crisp little number using 3 of my all time favourite Visible Image stamps and a colour combination that I love.


I wanted to make something simple, clean and stylish and I think this card does just that. I say 'wanted' to make something simple, I didn't have much choice as I have already packed the more exotic craft items!! Simple Tim Holtz inks and white card were about all that I had left unpacked. Works though don't you think?

The front needed to fit the Create with your Soul script so I cut the card base from a piece of A3 card. I kept the remnants to stamp out the sentiment and the butterflies. I worked with the dimension of the sentiment panel when I folded the card, and then cut it along the diagonal to give this zig-zag effect. (A How2 seems in order I think!)  The main body of the card is decorated using the ink splats and Weathered Wood ink followed by the Bronte Script in Frayed Burlap. When the card is folded some of the blank back becomes visible so I stamped the back to match.


I distressed the folded edges and added the sentiment which was stamped with Chipped Sapphire onto a piece of card with only the Bronte Script as the background. This allowed the words to remain clear and easy to read. I then placed the butterflies, which are stamped with Chipped Sapphire, onto the empty spaces. 

Here are the stamps I used, click to link to the NEW web site.

0 Visible Image Butterfly stampAWM Large Butterfly ws2012Visible Image create with your soul stamp x
AWM Bronte Border ws20120 Visible Image Ink Splats stamp



Don't forget to visit the ALL NEW VISIBLE IMAGE web site. Same address, different look!

The blog can be accessed from there but HERE is the quick link for you. 

The Facebook Group is another great place to access all things Visible Image. See current and historical DT inspiration, chat with the Team, show off your own Visible Image projects and get to hear about things first!


This will be my last post for a little while as I dedicate my time to the move 100% now. I want to be in my new house and craft space asap; I have a lot of catching up to do. My head is crammed full of new ideas as well as a list of things I have promised to do as soon as I get settled in. Have a great few weeks and I hope to see you all again very soon!

Kim xx

1 comment: