Friday 18 July 2014

The Friday Feature with Visible Image

It is nice to be back in the land of the interweb! It has been a strange few weeks without proper access. But I am back now and really thrilled to be bringing you The Friday Feature for Visible Image once more.


If you are a stamper then you will probably know about the fantastic publication Craft Stamper. I have been a subscriber for a long time, maybe even have the first issue somewhere in my archive. Anyway, a few months ago my 'Boss' at Visible Image asked if I would like to make something for the magazine in the section they call Stamping Contrasts. Was she kidding? Getting a project featured in any magazine is a thrill, but to have something featured in Craft Stamper magazine has got to be the best thing ever!

Naturally I said I would. She told me which stamps they wanted to use and I was left to create. Not as easy as you might think! So many ideas, so much excitement, so much to think about.

The projects were submitted and I thought no more about it. My house move took over my life and it was only when I looked in my diary that I realised 'my' issue was due out! I had moved, my post was being redirected, but I wanted to see it now! As I said, I had no internet so I had to sneak off to a Wi-Fi hotspot and download a copy of the magazine to my ipad. 



And there it was! My card. Such a strange feeling seeing it in print. It had been quite some time since I made the card so it was like seeing an old friend. 

I also made a little tag which used similar colours and the same stamps. 

For the main feature, the card, I used the 'Thinking of You' set, one of 6 designs in the More than Words group. They are really versatile and lend themselves to various occasions. You will find these stamps and many more on the Visible Image web site.



Thinking Of You 

For those of you that diligently read all the way to 'here' I am going to let you in a little secret. There are some new stamps launching tomorrow. If you are part of the Visible Image Facebook group you will have already seen some of the designs being shown over the last few days. A few of you will have been lucky enough to have won the first few stamps made and should be receiving them shortly. Like me, the other Design Team members have been working with these new stamps and boy! have we been having fun! They are wonderful stamps and really quite different. I would say they are by far the most exciting stamps I have seen in a long time and the results the DT have been getting proves that Mark and Helen, the guys behind Visible Image, have excelled themselves once again. Remember these stamps are hand made, hand cut and hand packed. They are made of top quality photopolymer and are deeply etched to give great results first time, everytime!

Here is my sneaky-peak of a card I made just this morning using one of the new stamps. OK, I know it is only the tiniest of peaks but I hope it tempts you to coming back to me tomorrow where I will reveal more!



Cheers for now! Kim x

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kim, these are fabulous.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, what a lovely post. Fabulous card and love the Tag. The stamps are just gorgeous. Well done with getting your card published too.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete