Friday 1 August 2014

Anniversary Heart

A few days ago my husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. Naturally I made him a little something. 

Just thought you might like to see it now that it is safe! He thinks it is fantastic and I was quite pleased with the way it turned out. 

I used glitter, yep, I know, not something that I use often but this was Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Texture paste. I actually really like the effect it created tone on tone. I think I may be converted!



I first covered an MDF heart with some crimson card and then spread the texture past on through a mask. When it had dried I used some gilding was around the edges of the heart and then gently applied some to the surface of the glitter paste. I have no idea who made the stamp I used but it is one of my older wooden mounted ones which I have kept because it is such a nice font and a lovely sentiment. I added some suitably romantic charms and ribbon to hang it.



Of course there is a personal sentiment written on the back but that is between me and my OH!

Kim x

No comments:

Post a Comment