Friday 15 August 2014

The Friday Feature with Visible Image



Friday once more and therefore another project featuring the wonderful stamps from Visible Image. I am still totally smitten with the latest stamp realease. Called INKognito, they are the most inspiring and unique stamps I have seen in a long time.

Flowering Moments

Rather strangely for me, I have taken a liking to the flower stamp. Yes, of course there is a butterfly which I was expecting to be my #1 choice but I really do like this gerbera daisy flower.

I wanted to create something subtle and elegant. I think this card captures the mood I was hoping for. What a lovely wedding card this would make! If you knew the colour theme for the wedding you could make the card using those colours. 

Anyway, I hit upon this idea of overlaying rather than masking (I defy anyone to cut a mask for these stamps!) when I was trying out some new-to-me ink pads. I noticed that the inks were very translucent when stamped having accidentally stamped the purple over the grey on a scrap piece of paper. The idea developed when I found a third colour in the inks that was complementary and lighter, namely the parchment colour.

I took a piece of A3 white card and simply stamped a row of purple flowers then a grey row and then a cream row. Within each row i made sure the flowers were close but not overlapping. With the second row I stamped in the places between the purple flowers and the cream row was pretty much a copy of the purple row.

Finding a nice section, I cut the piece to size, added a ribbon and the sentiment, mounted on some purple and grey card stock and hey presto! 

Visible Image Flower INKognito stampVisible Image These Are The Moments stamp

I am actually tempted to dash off now and make another card in a different colourway. If you are new to stamping this card is really quite simple although it looks complicated. If you have trouble with colours then look at something that you have in your home that has 3 colours, maybe a rug, the curtains, the wallpaper, a vase, your favourite item of clothing and see what colours there are on there. 


Don't forget to check out 
  • the Visible Image web site - HERE
  • the challenge blog - HERE
  • the Facebook group - HERE
  • my Facebook page - HERE

So, I end with the customary 'Thank you!'  for visiting and I hope to see you again soon. Comments are always nice to read if you have the time to stay and write.

Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment