Friday 29 August 2014

The Friday Feature with Visible Image

Phew! What a day! Having a new kitchen installed and the guy from the company fitting it came round to finalize measurements and accessory choices! How many different types of tap are there? And did I want  a one bowl, 2 bowl, one-and-a-half bowl sink, swan-neck, mono-block, mixer taps with or without water filter, and don't get me started on door handles!! Best make some decisions soon! 

You know the little watermark I have on my photos? Well, tonight the app that I use to put that on  my photos decided now was a good time to play up! Grrrr. It was working so well up to now. Had to go and hunt out a new one!!

And then I had issues with taking a photo of glitter! Oh the life I lead! All sorted now though thanks to some help from good friends and I love the new watermarking app thingy I found!

For my Friday Feature I am bringing you a colourful little card I made using the oh so popular paint product, Brushos. Now I won't claim they are new as they have been around for quite some time. They are however new to me and boy have I had fun playing with them! They make the most amazing backgrounds for the Visible Image INKognito stamps. I have a big stash of ready made backgrounds now!



So? What do you think? As you can see I have used the INKognito butterfly stamp as the main feature for this card.  I stamped and then glazed the butterflies with some good old Diamond Glaze. I bought several bottles when they were on half price from my local craft shop and that was about 10 years ago! 


For me the Brushos are a hit and there are many ways to use them. They are basically just water colour paint in powder form, but they are really versatile and when sprinkled onto wet card they do the most amazing things! A perfect match for the amazing Visible Image stamps!

You will be seeing a lot more of the Brushos from me in the coming weeks as they are my current best friend! Keep an eye out for the new challenge starting on Monday. I have used them on my inspiration piece but in a very dramatic colourway! 

Here is the shopping list for the stamps I used in this project. Click the image to link directly to the online shop.

Visible Image Butterfly INKognito stamp  AWM Grunge Polka Dot ws2012  AWM Iimagine Dream Inspire ws2012



Before I leave you, have you seen the sneaky peeks of the NEW stamps from Visible Image? They are really special. You will need to go to either the Visible Image web site - HERE or the Facebook group page - HERE to see what I am talking about! 

Join the Facebook group or sign up to the newsletter to be the first to hear about new releases, you know it makes sense!

Only a couple of days left of the August challenge, details are HERE, but if you miss this one then why not take part in the September challenge.

OK, I'm off to see the Wizard! No, I am off to my cave to get creative again! See you soon.

Kim





1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kim fantastic colours. I've heard of Brushos but never seen them but I'd love to have a go if they produce effects like this.

    ReplyDelete