Saturday 28 February 2015

ATC365 #59 - SPECIAL DAY

Today I rebelled! I wanted to make this and so I ignored Mr Generator! Sorry to disappoint you all but sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Today was a special day for me. Not going to say anymore. You know who you are and you know why it was a special day.



So, this is a piece made using UTEE and gilding wax. I first cut the heart from a piece of card freehand. I like this freestyle shape of heart better than the traditional, symmetrical one. I then layed on the UTEE and when it was still hot and liquid I stamped the paisley design into it. I then applied gilding wax to bring out the raised areas. Some faux red gems and voila! 

The background is the same stamp as I used on the heart. I used gesso again which I then gilded because the gesso left a raised pattern.

Back again tomorrow for another ATC. And wow, it is March! Time to make the February collage.

Happy Days! Kim x


No comments:

Post a Comment