Today I am featuring a card I made using one of the totally awesome Visible Image stamps
along with a piece of paper that very nearly went in the bin!
You know I love making backgrounds? Well, I cover my desk with a piece of cheap paper before starting any painting and spraying so I don't get the cutting mat dirty. I have a huge mat and am just too lazy to move it off the desk.
Anyway, as I am also a bit careful with my supplies, I keep these pieces of paper to use again and again. The resulting 'mess' can sometimes be very pleasant. Here, let me show you what I mean...
The card I made with a piece of this paper features the lovely flying bird and tree silhouette,
Leave your Fears.
I stamped the image using a Tim Holtz distress embossing powder hence the grainy look.
I covered a piece of card with the image because the paper is quite thin. I didn't leave enough space for the sentiment so I stamped it onto a piece of heat resist acetate which I secured with some eyelets and beads at one side. The curve helped fit the sentiment on!
For my DT piece this week I decorated a shop bought candle holder with one of the new Express Yourself sentiments along with a hint of the lovely script from the Revolution set and one of the great edge stamps from the Edgy set.
The original candle holder was painted cream so I simply stamped the script all over with teal Stazon. If you don't have the Revolution script you could use Bronte. If you have neither I suggest you invest in one or other! They are great for backgrounds.
Next came the sentiment which I stamped and embossed in gold and then simply used the 'square' Edgy stamp around the edges, again with gold embossing powder.
The holder had heart cuts on 2 sides to which I added a few dangling beads and because of the heat from the tea-light I changed the handle to thick gold coloured wire.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN RE-PURPOSING ANY CANDLE HOLDERS!!
What a fabby weekend it was! Sun, sun and more sun!
For my Visible Image DT piece today I have a very bright and strawberry coloured card for you featuring one of the lovely flower silhouettes from the More Than Words range.
I first painted a piece of card with liquid Brusho in red and orange shades. When it was completely dry I stamped and embossed the flower with clear embossing powder all over the card.
This sealed in the colour under the flowers so when I painted the whole thing over with bleach it took away the colour from the exposed areas.
The sentiment was stamped onto a piece of the same card but this time I used bleach to stamp the flower head giving a more subtle effect so the sentiment stood out clearly. The sentiment was stamped with black embossing powder.