Monday 1 September 2014

Visible Image - September Challenge Inspiration


Hello readers! Welcome to new followers, please, pull up a chair, sit down, stay a while!

Today being the first of the month I need to draw your attention to the new challenge over at Visible Image. Gosh is this year rushing past or what? Seems like only yesterday that I was telling you about moving to Wales, and here I am, 2 months gone already and I still have boxes in my lounge to unpack. Just goes to show how 'vital' the contents are!

Oh yes, the NEW challenge. Well, I can't say that I was overly thrilled when my lovely 'boss' told me what the theme was. In fact, I probably did a visible shudder when she mentioned the word. For those that know me and my crafting style you will have realised that this challenge was indeed a proper challenge for me!

Here we are then, my inspirational piece for the 'Make it Sparkle' challenge. I think I did pretty well considering

 'I DON'T DO GLITTER!!'



This is a proper glitter fest isn't it?  It is such a shame that the photo is not showing just how glittery this card is! I used a lovely aurora borealis glitter glue over silver embossing powder. The moisture in the glitter glue 'pulled' some of the paint colour up from the Brusho background and gave a lovely additional colour to the glitter.


So stage by stage, I first painted a piece of card with rich purple and red tones of Brusho paint. Once this was dry I stamped the Bronte Script in red dye based ink all over. Using a clear embossing ink I then stamped the lovely INKognito heart and sprinkled it with silver embossing powder and heat set. I also did the same around the edges of the card.

OK, this wasn't sparkly enough so I added Cosmic Shimmer Aurora glitter glue to all the areas that were silver embossed.

When this had dried I noticed how the glue had been affected by the Brusho paint and was actually really impressed with the result.  A glitter convert? I reserve judgement for the time being.


As I said, it is a shame my photographic skills can't cope with the immense amount of sparkle!

Click on the image of the stamp I used to be whisked off to the right page in the online shop.


Visible Image Heart INKognito stamp  AWM Bronte Border ws2012  Visible Image Create Your Future stamp


Click HERE to find out how to enter the challenge

Click HERE to go to the Facebook group. Ask to join if you haven't already. 

Click HERE to subscribe to the Newsletter

Click HERE to go to the blog to see the other DT inspiration projects for this month. 

Click HERE to go to my KimzKrafts Facebook page


OZ Banner Dorothy PN


Right, if you made it back after all that clicking then I hope to see you again soon for my Friday Feature, on, erm, Friday when I will be showing you a creation made using the ***NEW*** Wizard of OZ stamps that launched at the weekend. Pre-order today and you could be having as much fun as I am.

Kim 






No comments:

Post a Comment